Final 2


 Materials: Cut magazines, newspaper, glue, photoshop, clear plastic sheet

Process: I had someone take a photo of me holding a book, made the photo black and white, notanized the photo, printed multiple copies, taped it to the back of a piece of a plastic sheet, I tore out a bunch of pieces of magazines to use, then cut out pieces according to value to make the person and the book using an X-acto knife, then I glued it to the plastic sheet. I tore the pieces instead of cutting them for the background and table. Then I cut out the colored words and moved them a few times to make it look like they were pouring out of the book. I carefully chose what words to use to express the things that one with a learning disability might think of while they're reading.The physical product was not as clear as I intended so I put the photo into photoshop and added more contrast between the face, the shirt, and the background. Additionally I copied and flipped the right side of the book to make it more clear. Once I did that I had to cut out a bunch of individual words and move the layers around.

Idea: This piece represents barriers someone with a learning disability experiences while they are interacting with a work of literature. The book, fragmented by collage, represents the difficulty of accessing the words while reading. The words escaping the book are in color to represent expectations, perceptions, and challenges surrounding learning disabilities that flood through the mind of the reader while they are struggling to focus.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MPI 1